New Age of Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Age of Magic

New Age of Magic is a Harry Potter based rpg that takes place many years after the Harry Potter storyline. A new Dark Lord has risen and now its up to you whether you save the world or destroy it

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Character(Finished)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dan_Voyen

Dan_Voyen

My Character(Finished) Empty
PostSubject: My Character(Finished)   My Character(Finished) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 4:24 pm

Basics

Name: Dan Voyen
Height : 6'3"
Weight : 197 lbs
Alignment : Good
Element : Fire

Other Things

Biography: Dan was born in raised in London by his family. Although they were pure bloods,they liked living in muggle communities,and never looked down on muggles like some pure bloods. He was sent to Hogwarts when he was of age,excited for his first year. In his third year he made Gryffindor seeker. He kept that position through his years,and in his fifth year he became captain.

Personality : He is bold and outgoing,he always loves adventure. His favorite things to do are explore,or just hang out with friends. Although he is very carefree,he does long for true love. Dan is very brave,and has little fears. The fears he does have are easily overthrown by his dedication,and determination.
House :Gryffindor
Year : 7
Classes : Defense Against the Dark Arts,Potions,and Transfiguration,Quidditch(Seeker/Captain)
Spells :

Accio (Summoning Charm)
Pronunciation: Various suggestions have been made, including:
/ˈækioʊ/ AK-ee-oh - Film and video game (latin pronunciation)
/ˈæksioʊ/ AK-see-oh - Audio book
/ˈæsioʊ/ ASS-ee-oh - American audio book
Description: This charm summons an object to the caster, potentially over a significant distance.[2]
Seen/Mentioned: First mentioned in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, when it was briefly used by Molly Weasley on the Weasley twins to confiscate their Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes' products from their pockets, before they left for the Quidditch World Cup. Hermione was also mentioned trying to learn this charm during her ride aboard the Hogwarts Express. Later on in the same book, Harry summons his broom to complete the First Task of the Triwizard Tournament.[GF Ch.20] Near the end of the book, Harry summons a Portkey he can't reach to escape from the Battle in the Graveyard. In "Order of the Phoenix", Bellatrix Lestrange attempts to summon the prophecy from Harry. Used in Order of the Phoenix by the Weasley Twins to retrieve their brooms from a locked cabinet as they make their explosive exit from the suppression of Umbrige. Also seen in Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows to try to summon Horcruxes, and Harry tries to summon a falling Rubeus Hagrid. One of the Death Eaters tried to snatch Harry's Invisibility Cloak using this charm, but did not work.

Alohomora
Pronunciation: /əˌloʊhəˈmɔərə/ ə-LOH-hə-MOHR-ə
Description: Used to open and/or unlock doors,[4] but doors may be bewitched so that this spell has no effect.
Seen/Mentioned: Used throughout the series, first use by Hermione in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Later unsuccessfully cast by Ron, on the door from the room with the winged keys in Hogwarts.[PS Ch.16] Loses use gradually in the series as the characters discover more and more doors, chests etc. with counter-charms on them (e.g. The doors into Professor Snape's and Professor Umbridge's offices are mentioned as being Alohomora-proof.)

Avis
Pronunciation: /ˈɑːvɪs/ AH-vis
Description: This charm creates a flock of birds that pour forth from the caster's wand. When coupled with Oppugno, it can be used offensively.
Seen/Mentioned: Shown in Goblet of Fire, cast by Mr Ollivander to test Viktor Krum's wand.[GF Ch.18] In Half-blood Prince, it is cast by Hermione, followed by Oppugno which causes the birds to attack Ron.[HBP Ch.14]

Bombarda
Description: Emits a large force that is used for the destruction of objects or barriers. When "Maxima" is added to the Bombarda, the force is multiplied.
Seen/Mentioned: in The Prisoner Of Azkaban by Hermione Granger to free Sirius Black from the tower chamber on Hogwarts exterior. "Bombarda Maxima" is used by Dolores Umbridge in Order of the Phoenix during the Inquisitorial Squad's attack on the D.A.

Confringo (Blasting Curse)
Pronunciation: /kɒnˈfrɪŋɡoʊ/ kon-FRING-goh (hard "g") or /kɒnˈfrɪndʒoʊ/ kon-FRIN-joh
Description: Causes anything that the spell meets to explode in flames.
Seen/Mentioned: Seen only in Deathly Hallows. In the opening chapters, it is cast by Harry to destroy the sidecar of the flying motorbike.[DH Ch.4] Later, it is used by Hermione in an attempt to kill Nagini and facilitate an escape from Bathilda Bagshot's house in Godric's Hollow.

Deprimo
Pronunciation: /ˈdɛprɨmoʊ/ DEP-ri-moh
Description: A form of crushing. When used on opponents, it is said to cause a sensation like being crushed by gravity.
Seen/Mentioned: Introduced in Deathly Hallows when Hermione casts this to blast a hole in the Lovegood's living room floor.

Episkey
Pronunciation: /ɛˈpɪskiː/ e-PIS-kee
Description: Used to heal relatively minor injuries. When this spell is cast, the person feels their injured body part go very hot and then very cold.
Seen/Mentioned: Used in Goblet of Fire after the first task of the Triwizard Tournament. In Half-Blood Prince, Nymphadora Tonks uses this spell to fix Harry's broken nose; also used by Harry in the same book to fix Demelza Robins' mouth. Used by Luna Lovegood in the motion picture Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to restore Harry's broken nose instead of Nymphadora Tonks.

Expecto Patronum (Patronus Charm)
Pronunciation: /ɛksˈpɛktoʊ pəˈtroʊnəm/ eks-PEK-toh pə-TROH-nəm
Description: Conjures an incarnation of the caster's innermost positive feelings, such as joy, hope, or the desire to survive, known as a Patronus. A Patronus is conjured as a protector, and is a weapon rather than a predator of souls: Patronuses shield their conjurors from Dementors, and can even drive them away. A Patronus "cannot feel despair, as real humans can, so Dementors can't hurt it."[16] The conjured Patronus protects the witch or wizard that summoned it, obeys his or her commands, and fades away shortly after it is no longer required. When conjured, a Patronus appears silvery, ethereal, and semi-transparent. Improperly formed Patronuses range from momentary formless bursts of silvery mist, to poorly-defined forms which are easily defeated or quickly dissipate on their own. A full-fledged (or corporeal) Patronus takes on a fixed animal form that is often significant to the witch or wizard casting the charm. Patronuses summoned by a particular person have been known to change, although this has only been observed in the books in cases of unrequited love, such as Tonks' and Snape's respective Patronuses. In these cases, the new Patronus takes on the form of an animal associated with the love interest. Rowling has said in online interviews that Snape was the only Death Eater to be able to produce a Patronus. According to her this is 'because a Patronus is used against things that the Death Eaters generally generate, or fight alongside. They would not need Patronuses'.[17] According to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the Charm is also the only known defensive spell against Lethifolds.

Expelliarmus (Disarming Charm)
Pronunciation: /ɛksˌpɛliˈɑrməs/ eks-PEL-ee-AR-məs
Description: Produces a jet of scarlet light. This spell is used to disarm another wizard, typically by causing the victim's wand to fly out of reach.[20][21] It can also throw the target backwards when enough power is put into it. If it hits, or gets close, to another spell, if powerful enough, it will deflect the spell, causing it to hit its caster. As demonstrated in Prisoner of Azkaban, simultaneous use of this spell by multiple witches or wizards on a single person can throw the wizard back with much greater force.
Seen/Mentioned: First seen in Chamber of Secrets, when Snape disarms Gilderoy Lockhart in the Duelling Club; from then on it is commonly used throughout the rest of the series. Draco uses it to disarm Dumbledore and Harry uses the spell to not only disarm Gregory Goyle in the Room of Requirement, but also to reflect Voldemort's killing curse during the final battle. He also used it to battle Death Eaters when they were chasing him on broom across London. It is seen by the Death Eaters as Harry's signature spell, as he had used it to duel Voldemort in both Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows.

Oppugno
Pronunciation: /əˈpʌɡnoʊ/ ə-PUG-noh
Description: Causes conjured objects to attack.
Seen/Mentioned: Used by Hermione in Half-Blood Prince to attack Ron with a conjured flock of canaries (see Avis).

Protego (Shield Charm)
Pronunciation: /proʊˈteɪɡoʊ/ proh-TAY-goh
Description: The Shield Charm causes minor to strong jinxes, curses, and hexes to rebound upon the attacker, or at least prevents them from having their full effect. It can also cause a shield to erupt from the caster's wand. This Charm was created by Trevor Poor [21]
Seen/Mentioned: First seen in Goblet of Fire, in which Harry is taught this spell by Hermione in preparation for the third task in the Triwizard Tournament. Also used throughout the series. Examples are in Order of the Phoenix when Harry is duelling the Death Eaters and Umbridge also used this from centaurs shooting arrows. Harry uses this spell in Half-Blood Prince to block Snape's jinx when he was showing Ron how to cast a spell without saying a word. Harry later uses it in ‘Deathly Hallows to separate Ron and Hermione when they are fighting.

Protego Totalum
Pronunciation: /proʊˈteɪɡoʊ toʊˈtæləm/ proh-TAY-goh toh-TAL-əm
Description: Provides protection of some form for an area or dwelling.
Seen/Mentioned: In Deathly Hallows, this is one of the spells used by Hermione and Harry to protect their camp site from unwanted visitors.

Sectumsempra
Pronunciation: /ˌsɛktəmˈsɛmprə/ SEK-təm-SEM-prə
Description: Violently wounds the target; described as being as though the subject had been "slashed by a sword".[27] Created by Severus Snape.
Seen/Mentioned: First seen in Order of the Phoenix when Snape uses it in his memory against James, but misses and only lightly cuts his cheek. Used by Harry in Half-Blood Prince against Draco, and then later against the Inferi in Voldemort's Horcrux chamber, and Snape during his flight from Hogwarts. In the opening chapters of Deathly Hallows, Snape accidentally casts this curse against George Weasley in the Order's flight from Privet Drive, though George was not his intended target. It is known as a specialty of Snape's.

Stupefy (Stunning Spell, Stupefying Charm, Stunner)
Pronunciation: /ˈstjuːpɨfaɪ/ STEW-pi-fye
Description: Puts the victim in an unconscious state. Manifests as a jet of red light.
Seen/Mentioned: First seen in Goblet of Fire use by Ministry officials in at Quidditch World Cup. Also seen used by a number of Ministry officials against McGonagall in Order of the Phoenix. It is also taught by Harry in his Dumbledore's Army meetings and used extensively during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries against the Death Eaters. Is seen by some, including Harry himself, as the basic spell for fighting. Death Eaters, Ministry Officials, Order members and students all seem to refer to this spell as their preferred attack.

(Disillusionment Charm)
Description: Causes the recipient to become invisible
Seen/Mentioned: First in Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone, when Dumbledore tells Harry that he does not need a cloak to become invisible. In Order of the Phoenix, Moody casts this charm on Harry.[OP Ch.3, 4] Mentioned in Half-Blood Prince on a purple leaflet from the Ministry of Magic.[HBP Ch.3] Xenophilius Lovegood mentions, in Deathly Hallows, that Invisibility Cloaks are sometimes created by casting a Disillusionment Charm on a regular cloak. Also in Deathly Hallows, Draco Malfoy, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle use the charm to hide outside the Room of Requirement

My Character(Finished) Boy-1-1

Last edited by Dan_Voyen on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Drake

Drake

PostSubject: Re: My Character(Finished)   My Character(Finished) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:19 am

since students tend to start Hogwarts at 11 to be in your 7th year youd have to be 18 years old

*gets sorting hat*
"Gryffindor"

approved if you fix the age
Back to top Go down
Dan_Voyen

Dan_Voyen

PostSubject: Re: My Character(Finished)   My Character(Finished) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:20 am

there finished
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Character(Finished)   My Character(Finished) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Character(Finished)
Page 1 of 1